Water Conservation Measures
INFORMATION ON ACTIONS TAKEN BY AHPETC IN RESPONSE TO DRY SPELL
AHPETC has implemented the following water conservation measures, through eliminating wastages and reducing water consumption wherever practicable, in response to the dry weather period that Singapore is currently facing:
- Alert TC staff and contractors to the Public Utilities Board (PUB)’s Dry Spell Advisory and guidelines for water conservation efforts.
- Advised conservancy contractors to consciously prevent water wastages when they carry out daily cleaning works and reduce the frequency of washing activities, for e.g.:
- Rescheduled block washing to either every 6 weeks or on a need basis, and step up on more frequent mopping as an alternative.
- Temporarily suspended the washing of multi-storey car parks, to be carried out on a need basis.
- Advised horticulture contractors to water plants and landscapes during early mornings and evenings to avoid evaporation losses.
- Advised plumbing contractors to ensure that flushing of roof top water tanks are only conducted when the water levels are at their lowest level.
While we embark on these water conservation measures, we are mindful not to compromise our maintenance service standards and seek our residents’ understanding and patience.
Residents are also encouraged to play their part during this time, through simple practices such as washing their cars less frequently, using water wisely at home etc. For more information on water-saving tips, visit PUB’s website or their facebook.
ALJUNIED-HOUGANG-PUNGGOL EAST TOWN COUNCIL