In this Policy, “you” or “your” refer to the person(s) to whom this Policy applies.
1. Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
a. Collection of Personal Data
The Town Council may collect your personal data, including your:
- personal information (name, NRIC number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address);
- payment related information (such as your bank account, credit card information, S&CC account);
- photographs and/or video images taken at events or via CCTVs
- electronic device’s IP address (when visiting the Town Council’s website)
- contact us at our hotline or via email;
- submit feedback via our QR code(s) or MSO One Service app;
- interact with our officers and staff;
- use our services, such as bulky items removal service;
- participate in polling exercises, such as NRP, R&R;
- make S&CC payments;
- book our facilities, such as event halls or BBQ pits;
- advertise on our banner arms, panels or newsletters;
- attend our events;
- authorise your representatives or third parties (including public agencies, such as HDB, NEA) to interact with us on your behalf;
- visit our website;
- submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
b. Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
The Town Council may use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- responding to your phone calls, email enquiries, feedback or complaints;
- responding to your MSO One Service app feedback;
- administering and contacting you for services that you requested;
- instructing third parties (our contractors) to contact you for services that you requested;
- facilitating the collection of S&CC payments;
- processing and contacting you for booking of our facilities or event halls;
- processing and contacting you for advertising on our banner arms, panels or newsletters;
- facilitating work by third parties, including public agencies such as HDB, SPF, NEA, AVA, SCDF etc;
- preventing/investigating crime and managing the safety and security of our premises;
- disclosing to public agencies as part of our regulatory obligations;
- complying with applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities;
- and/or any other purposes relating to the services provided by the Town Council.
2. Withdrawal of Consent and Requests for Access, Correction of Personal Data
You may withdraw consent or request to access and/or correct your Personal Data currently in Town Council’s possession. Town Council has the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing access and/or correction requests. Such requests may be submitted in person at Town Council office or by email to the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at email@example.com.
Please note that with the withdrawal of consent to any or for all use or disclosure of Personal Data, depending on the nature of the request, Town Council may not be in a position to continue to provide the services or administer any contractual relationship that is in place. Such withdrawal may also result in the termination of any agreement or arrangement with Town Council.
3. Information Security and Applicability to Third Parties
The Town Council will make reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar activities to protect your personal data within our control.
The Town Council also requires these data protection standards to be observed by external/third parties (our contractors) who provide services to the Town Council, but we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions on their part.
4. Cookies and Third Party Sites
When accessing the Town Council’s website, there could be cookies that track visitors via their IP addresses together with dates and times of access. This information is purely used to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movement and gather broad demographic information for internal use. R IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
The Town Council’s website may include links to other websites operated by third parties for your use and reference, but we are not responsible for the privacy practices of others and would encourage you to check/learn about their privacy policies.
As part of the effort to ensure that Town Council properly manages, protects and processes your Personal Data in compliance with the PDPA, we will review our policies, procedures and processes relating to personal data protection and update this Policy from time to time to ensure it is consistent with any changes in legal or regulatory requirements.
Town Council reserves the right to revise the terms of this Policy at our discretion without prior notice to you, pursuant to such review.
6. Contacting Us
For any question or complaint relating to the use or disclosure of your Personal Data, or if more information about Town Council’s data protection policies and practices is needed, please contact the Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Governing Law