Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we are providing this notice to explain our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Collection of Personal Information and Personal Data Protection Policy
The Personal Data Protection Policy is in accordance with the statutory requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). Please take a moment to read it so that you know and understand the purposes for which the Town Council collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data.
When visiting the Town Council’s website, the IP address used to access the site will be logged along with the dates and times of access. This information is purely used to analyze trends, administer the site, track users movement and gather broad demographic information for internal use. Most importantly, any recorded IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
The Town Council may from time to time update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Please check our website regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
- Your Personal Data
The Town Council may collect your personal data, which includes:
- your personal information (such as name, NRIC number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address);
- your payment related information (such as your bank account, credit card information, S&CC account);
- your photographs and/or video images taken at events or via CCTVs.
- Collection of Personal Data
Generally, the Town Council may collect your personal data in the following ways:
- when you contact us at our hotline;
- when you email us;
- when you submit feedback via eLink app;
- when you interact with our officers/staff;
- when you use our services, such as bulky items removal service;
- when you participate in polling exercises, such as NRP, R&R;
- when you make S&CC payments;
- when you book our facilities, such as BBQ pits;
- when you advertise on our banner arms/panels/newsletters;
- when you book our event halls;
- when you attend our events;
- from your authorised representatives;
- from third parties (including public agencies, such as HDB, NEA);
- from publicly available sources
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
- Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Generally, the Town Council collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to your phone call and/or email enquiries, feedback, complaints;
- responding to your eLink feedback;
- administering and contacting you for services that you requested;
- instructing third parties (our contractors) to contact you for services that you requested;
- facilitating the collection of S&CC payments;
- processing and contacting you for booking of our facilities/event halls;
- processing and contacting you for advertising on our banner arms/panels/newsletters;
- facilitating work by third parties, including public agencies such as HDB, SPF, NEA, AVA, SCDF etc;
- preventing/investigating crime and managing the safety/security of our premises;
- disclosing to public agencies where we are obligated to disclose;
- compliance with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities;
- and/or any other purpose relating to the services provided by the Town Council.
- Information security and applicability to third parties
The Town Council will make reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar activities to protect your personal data within the Town Council’s control.
The Town Council will also require these data protection standards to be observed by external/third parties (our contractors) who provide services to the Town Council, but we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties.
- Cookies and third party sites
We have included links on this site for your use and reference. When you use our website, there could be cookies that track visitors to our website coded by the web hosting company.
The Town Council’s website may also contain links to other websites operated by third parties, but we are not responsible for the privacy practices of others and would encourage you to check/learn about their privacy policies.
Changes to this Privacy Statement and Personal Data Protection Policy
The contents of this statement and Policy may be altered at any time, at our discretion.
This Privacy Statement and Personal Data Protection Policy shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.