Past payments review commenced; third KPMG monthly report on progress issued (Media Release 15 June 2016)
- Aljunied-Hougang Town Council (“AHTC”) has, on 15 June 2016, submitted to the Housing and Development Board the third monthly progress report issued by KPMG to AHTC. This report was issued in accordance with the Court of Appeal (CA) judgment in Attorney-General v AHPETC (Civil Appeal No. 114 of 2015).
- The report is accessible in full here (click here for the full report).
- A summary of the on-going remediation plans by AHTC can be found at page 3 of the KPMG report. Some key areas of progress made by AHTC are as follows:
- Audit Point on the performance of bank reconciliations considered resolved; and
- AHTC has commenced investigations into the items in its temporary clearing accounts.
- AHTC has provided KPMG with financial information covering the period from 27 May 2011 to 27 November 2015 for the purposes of the Past Payments Review aspect of the CA judgment. In addition to a review of the relevant past payments, AHTC has instructed KPMG to identify all transactions made to FM Solutions & Services (“FMSS”) and FM Solutions & Integrated Services (“FMSI”) covering the period in question and to flag out any payment(s) deemed improper. KPMG has commenced work on the Past Payments review and will detail their findings in a separate report to be submitted to AHTC in due course.
ALJUNIED-HOUGANG TOWN COUNCIL
15 June 2016