Home Improvement Programme (HIP)
The Home Improvement Programme (HIP) helps flat owners deal with common maintenance problems (e.g. spalling concrete and ceiling leaks) related to ageing flats.
There are Essential Improvements, which are considered compulsory and necessary for public health, safety or technical reasons. These include:
- Replacement of waste pipes
- Repair of spalling concrete
- Repair of structural cracks
- Replacement of pipe sockets
- Upgrading of electrical supply
There are also Optional Improvements, which flat owners may decide to opt out (subject to any required test). These include:
- Upgrading of toilets/bathrooms
- Replacement of entrance door
- Replacement of grille gate
- Replacement of refuse chute hopper
To find out more about HIP, click here to read.