INFORMATION ON ACTIONS TAKEN BY AHPETC IN RESPONSE TO HAZE SITUATION
AHPETC has implemented the following measures in response to the haze situation:
- Instructed TC staff and contractors to follow Ministry of Manpower (MOM)’s guidelines for the haze situation.
- Furnished MOM’s guidelines to all contractors for compliance.
- Issued TC staff with N95 masks and advised them to wear them whenever they go outdoors, during this period of time where the PSI reading is in the unhealthy range.
- When the PSI reading crosses the hazardous range of 301-400, TC staff are to postpone non-essential outdoor activities and stay in office wherever possible.
- When the PSI reading crosses the very hazardous range of >400, TC staff are to stop all outdoor work, and contractors are also advised to do so as well.
- Contractors for conservancy cleaning and projects, such as the Neighbourhood Renewal Programme (NRP) and Repairs and Redecoration (R&R) works, have also been advised that their workers should wear the masks when outdoors. TC has informed project contractors that they will be granted EOT (extension of time) should the project works need to be stopped or delayed due to the haze situation. Essential maintenance services, including rubbish collection, will continue to be provided, while ensuring the health and safety of our TC staff and contractors.
ALJUNIED-HOUGANG-PUNGGOL EAST TOWN COUNCIL